Club Championships takes place on Sunday 29th March 2020 and is the club’s internal carnival. This event provides swimmers the opportunity to race against peers in the same age group. Awards for Club Championships are separate to those for participation at club nights throughout the season (points system).
- The club will conduct championships in the following age groups, separated into boys’ and girls’ events:
6 years & under 25 metres in all four strokes *
7 years 25 metres in all four strokes *
8 years 25 metres in all four strokes *
9 years 50 metres in Freestyle & 25 metres in other strokes*
10 years and over 50 metres in all four strokes *
10 years and under 100 metres Medley
13 years & over 100 metres Freestyle and Medley
OPEN 100 metres Freestyle, Backstroke, Breaststroke & Butterfly
OPEN 200 metres Freestyle and 200 metres IM (these are swum at club nights prior to Club Championships)
* Irrespective of the distance swum on a Club night.
A swimmer’s age for championship events will be that swimmer’s age in the year of the Club Championships.
- To be eligible to compete in a 25 or 50 metre event in the Club Championships, a swimmer must have competed in at least half of the available Club night swims and swum the event at least once during the season.
- To be eligible to compete in the 100 and 200 metre events in the Club Championships, a swimmer must have competed in at least half of all Club night swims and swum that event at least once.
- All protests against a competitor’s qualifications to compete shall be made in writing to a member of the Club’s Executive Committee.
Placings will be awarded on times, however, the judges decision is final.
Championship Medals and Trophies
Following the conclusion of Club Championships, medals and trophies will be awarded for overall Age, Stroke and Points and special Trophies from Flyer supporters at an End of Season Presentation which follows this event.